Thursday, March 17, 2011

Jim Antonich Celebrates 10 Years with ProMed

Team ProMed congratulates Jim Antonich on celebrating his 10th anniversary with the company! Jim is a Sales Ambassador with ProMed.


We asked Jim to reflect on some of his favorite experiences from over the years. He told us that his favorite part of being a member of Team ProMed is “working with the nicest people who are always willing to assist you when you need help. I also love that I have easy access to Matt, Al, Mike and Rocky whenever I need assistance. I have always felt that I was a member of the Barnes family business since the day I started 10 years ago.”

Jim has witnessed incredible growth and change at ProMed during his time with the company. “No more small sales meetings with five people sitting around in the back room at Al’s Steak House trying to figure out what direction we are going in,” he noted. “We have come a long way with developing a process for success.”

As the years have gone by, the business of medical supply sales has become more complex, Jim added.

“I believe medical sales have become much more difficult today than 10 years ago,” he said. “Our industry has become somewhat of a commodity business that has challenged us to differentiate ourselves from our competitors with all of the extra programs and opportunities. We must bring to the table solutions to help nursing homes become financially successful. With all of the buyouts and the disappearance of standalone homes, we have to become professional consultants who are capable of landing the whale instead of a basket of bluegills. What has not changed in our industry is the need to form positive relationships with our customers and the ability to be flexible. People buy from people they like.”

While there has been plenty of work over the years, Jim has also found time for fun with his colleagues.

“My best memories are the sales meetings and being around all of my fellow workers,” he said. “We worked hard but also enjoyed our free time with lots of stories and laughs that I cannot go into detail at this time. I have great memories of the Kentucky Derbies I attended plus the opening of our new facility in New Lenox.

“The last 10 years have flown by like the speed of light,” Jim added. “I know one thing for sure – I had a thicker head of hair back then. It seems like yesterday I was interviewing for a job with Mr. Terry Barnes, who was wearing a flannel shirt. When I left and went home, I told my wife, ‘I think this is the kind of guy I could work for.’ I have been treated with nothing but honesty, respect and friendship for 10 years by Matt, his family and Rocky. I think that is about the best gift you can give anybody.”

We also asked Jim’s colleagues to share their favorite memories of working with Jim over the years. Here’s what they told us:

“I worked closely with Jim when I was in Customer Service and he was always one of my favorites. He was thorough, patient and very nice to work with. When I still speak with him from time to time, this has not changed and he still possesses such a great attitude about ProMed. He truly cares about his facilities and the care he helps provide for their residents. Congratulations, Jim!”

- Jodi Dzak, Director of Special Sales/Customer & Vendor Contracts

“Jim and I met for his initial interview at the Cracker Barrel off I-64 and Highway 157 in Caseyville, Illinois back in early 2001. It was evident within a few minutes of meeting him that Jim had developed a talent for making people feel comfortable with him. With his previous experiences and likeability, it was an easy decision to recommend we hire him. Since that time, Jim has enjoyed many successes with us. Jim’s ability to tell a story is legendary among those who know him . . . even when telling the same story (over and over) again, Jim is able to remain true to the basic information, but embellish the details in a fresh and even more entertaining way. He is truly an amazing, master storyteller. Jim, Katie and their (adult) children, Nick and Lori, provide a nice snapshot of the all-American family. A nice blend of Ozzie and Harriet (a sitcom that predates bothJim and me), with the slightest touch of Archie Bunker (All in the Family) mixed in for added spice. Jim is one of ProMed’s finest Ambassadors. Congratulations on ten great years, my friend, and God’s blessings for many more.”

- Rocky Howard

“I have had the pleasure of working with Jim for five years. We have been through a lot together and I have learned a lot from him. Jim always keeps a positive attitude, his customers love him and he is truly a team player. Jim always has a GREAT story and we have had a ton of laughs together. You always know when you are hearing a good story because Jim takes his glasses off and starts rubbing his face. Never a dull moment with Jim! I consider him a true friend.”

- Mike Kellenberger, Director of Financial Performance

“What makes Jim Antonich so successful is his charm, personality and his confidence in what he sells. He says to his customers, ‘Just try this, I guarantee you will enjoy the outcomes’ – and they do! Congratulations, Jim, on your 10th anniversary. It has been a pleasure watching and learning from you. Here’s to 10 more years of success, buddy!”

- Pam West, Vice President of Clinical and Regulatory Compliance

Congratulations, Jim!

0 comments:

Post a Comment